90 COUNTRIES. 1,600 CONFERENCES. 100% VOLUNTEER-DRIVEN.
Custom web solutions with the power to drive global events, and the simplicity to be run by anyone.
IEEE – one of the world’s largest technical non-profit organizations – approached us with a challenge. They needed a conference registration solution and an online budgeting tool to organize and run more than 1,600 annual technical conferences across 90 countries – attended by nearly half a million people. The primary goals for the two systems were to reduce inefficient processes, allow for multiple currency management, and seamlessly integrate with their existing accounting system.
The catch? Their massive events management undertaking – from outreach and reservations, to budgeting and purchasing – is run strictly by volunteers. So, as expansive as the technical functionality needed to be, there was an equally critical need for the user-experience to be simple, clean, and intuitive.
A custom, fully-integrated registration and budgeting system with an intuitive user-interface.
- Web Design & Web Development
- Project Management
Secure Conference Registration
As phase one, CyberSense worked with IEEE to develop a tool to automate and optimize their secure, five-step conference registration process. The new tool seamlessly integrated a process that had previously been handled by disparate systems, and included a complex payment system packed full of conditional logic.
- Real-time reporting for instant visibility to attendance records
- Integrated data and reporting across events for efficient management and strategic planning
- Intuitive user-interface and processes for easy use at any skill level
- 128-bit encryption for the highest level of security
Custom Budgeting Solution and Accounting Integration
With the registration system built, CyberSense developed a custom budgeting system with enterprise-level intelligence, and volunteer-level UI.
- A tiered and unified budgeting and approval process for planners, treasurers, and IEEE administrators across conferences
- Real-time data combined with access to historical budgets for intelligent events planning
- Custom budget fields for flexibility
- Planned integration with existing NetSuite accounting system for registration, budgeting and accounting
The combination of the two systems significantly reduced operational costs, enhanced transparency and access to real-time data, and streamlined their systems. As a result, IEEE volunteers have more planning power, better communication tools, and more accurate forecasting. A triple-win for IEEE.
CyberSense offered the perfect blend of business acumen, accounting knowledge and technical expertise to redefine IEEE’s complex, manual workflows while developing integrated tools to streamline the process.